Super savory ramen noodles get a flavorful punch with a bed of sautéed Curly Baby Spinach and a spicy sweet sesame sauce.
- Made with 4.5 oz Plenty Curly Baby Spinach
- Serves 2
- 4.5 oz Plenty Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil (canola, peanut, avocado, etc)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chili oil or chili crisp, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark Chinese vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, divided
- ½ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 12 oz fresh Chinese or ramen noodles
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced.
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
Make the noodle sauce: In a bowl combine chili oil/crisp, tahini, soy sauce, dark Chinese vinegar, Sichuan peppercorns, half of the grated garlic and honey. Set aside.
Cook the spinach: In a pan over medium-high heat, add neutral oil. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Add salt, sesame oil and the rest of the grated garlic. Stir to combine and transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
Cook noodles and assembly: Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook your favorite noodles according to the package instructions. Add sauce to the bottom of a serving bowl. Add noodles and mix thoroughly. If the sauce is too thick, add hot water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Top with cooked spinach, peanuts, green onions, cilantro, and additional chili oil.