Pizza all’Insalata with Baby Arugula
Reading Time | 3 mins
August 27th, 2020
By: Victoria Granof
Serves 2 as two pizzas
16 oz. pizza dough (I used Whole Foods frozen, thawed in the fridge overnight)
semolina or fine cornmeal
olive oil for the pan
3/4 c. marinara sauce
6-8 oz. smoked mozzarella, torn into pieces
Generous handful of Plenty Wild Wasabi Arugula, from a 4.5 oz. bag
Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of half a fat lemon
Flaky sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2 oz. parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
Drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you are using a pizza stone, put it in the oven now. Otherwise, a heavy baking sheet turned upside down works just fine.
- Lightly dust the work surface – and your hands – with semolina. Stretch out and pat the pizza dough to a rectangle, as thin as you can get it. Don’t worry about making the shape perfect; you’re aiming for pleasure here, not perfection.
- Quickly pull the heated pan or stone out of the oven and sprinkle lightly with semolina. Immediately transfer the dough to the pan, drizzle with some oil and return to the oven. Bake just 2 or 3 minutes, until the dough holds its shape. Remove it from the oven and quickly slather on the marinara and top with the mozzarella. Return to the oven until browned and bubbly, another 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle in a few Tbsp. olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Toss in a three-finger pinch of salt and a few grindings of the pepper mill but don’t mix – yet.
- When the pizza is done, remove it from the pan onto a cutting board. Cut in slices but don’t separate. Now mix the greens, place them on top of the pizza and finish with shavings of parmesan and a drizzle of honey.
Share this article