South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Sanitation Tech.
In this role you will ensure our plant factory is spotless and meets all SQF Food Safety Requirements.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Wear required and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 100% adherence to all company established chemical, safety and cleaning policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Execute sanitation schedule: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Semi-Annual and Annual
- Able to use industrial cleaning chemicals and understand chemical safety and chemical handling procedures
- Sanitize and clean machines and machine parts using chemicals, high pressure hoses, spraying and scrubbing
- Reassemble machines as necessary
- Trash and recycling removal
- Sanitize plant floors, drains, walls, and shelves
- Perform record keeping and data tracking; responsible for completing the plant’s Master Sanitation Schedule
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Continuously improve the sanitation process
- Complies with and follows company food safety and quality policies
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically
- Read and understand chemical labels
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to train, maintain and promote a safe work environment
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
Share this job