South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we are building out a team of engineers to tackle problems that reimagine the way food is grown. In this role, you will work closely with the internal automation team and outside integrators to drive farm automation controls architecture, define company standards, and assist with system commissioning. We are looking for someone who has experience in industrial automation and is excited about the task of bringing our electrical system design process internal to Plenty. An ideal candidate has experience designing electrical systems using industrial controllers and can work closely with our controls, mechanical engineering, and engineering technician teams on integration and tool development.
- Work with controls engineers to design electrical panels and resolve design issues.
- Prepare technical drawings for panel build and field installations.
- Programming and commissioning of equipment using industrial processors.
- Working with engineering technicians to build Industrial electrical enclosures being deployed in our grow spaces and custom-built equipment.
- Detailing of farm Network, Low Voltage and High voltage cabling and routing.
- Field verification of new machines and retrofitting existing production equipment.
- During the design process you will be responsible for evaluating drafts to provide cost estimates and ensure design meet the intent.
- 3-5 years of industry experience, closely working with engineers and engineering specifications
- Experience designing or debugging electrical systems used in industrial automation.
- Experience using AutoCad Electrical or other electrical CAD tools.
- Knowledge of UL508, and NFPA79 panel build standards. knowledge of NEC electrical standards is a plus.
- Experience working with different industrial processors, PLC’s (Allen Bradley and Beckhoff)
- Excellent hands on electrical working skills
- Strong electrical debugging skills
- Panel building experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with high voltage, automated testing, and/or mechanical and electrical CAD software a plus
- Experience with distributed control systems- understanding distributed systems
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job