Research Associate, Postharvest
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Research Associate, Postharvest who is excited about being part of a team focused on measuring and maintaining post-harvest product quality throughout the supply chain. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced energetic environment, you've found the right place!
The Research Associate, Postharvest will be engaged with the company’s efforts to bring new products to market. The person will assist with sample preparation, experimental design, team scheduling, sensory sessions as well as data collection and analysis.
What You'll Do
- Execute shelf-life studies regarding (including but not limited to) farm upgrades and changes, new product development, and product packaging
- Work cross functionally to schedule, organize, and prioritize shelf-life studies in order to collect and analyze data by requested deadline
- Provide Director of Postharvest with study updates, data, and analysis as well as tentative timelines for both research projects and shelf-life studies
- Develop lab protocols and SOPs for laboratory instrumentation and maintain laboratory inventory and equipments
- Test new technologies/instruments to measure shelf-life quality and develop SOPs and/or lab protocols
- Analyze and communicate test results with key stakeholders on timely basis
- Inform Director of Postharvest of experimental findings and plan/execute follow-up experiments if necessary
- Perform other duties as instructed by the manager
What We're Looking For
- BS in Biological Sciences or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a fast-paced environment or setting up experiments
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to work with project teams to support project priorities and technical resources
- Experience with data collection, analysis and documentation tools
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS excel
- A team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job