South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
In this role, you will be a part of a dynamic team working to maintain the operation of equipment and systems throughout the facility. If you are a proactive, operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What You'll Do
- Follow preventive maintenance procedures on all plant equipment in a timely and thorough manner
- Maintain the operation of equipment and systems including, but not limited to: compressed air, HVAC, electrical distribution, controls, lighting, and robotics, PLCs conveyors and other automated machinery
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to insure compliance with codes
- Partner with the Engineering and Safety teams in planning, ordering, installing and training for new equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment; make repairs where necessary or recommend to the Maintenance Manager to arrange for outside vendor to service equipment
- Respond to facility emergency situations
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Strong mechanical skills on electric motors, vacuum pumps, air compressors, HVAC, etc. with an emphasis on PLC, controls and automation experience preferred
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions, sketches, blueprints and diagrams
- Shift assignment can be discussed. However, must be willing to work evening and weekend shifts on occasion or rotating basis, able to work flexible hours and be part of the on-call rotation
- Responsible, flexible, fast learner that has the ability to be a self-starter with a willingness to take on new things while maintaining full ownership of assigned area
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Able to successfully keep multiple tasks running simultaneously with strong analytical skills
- Able to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems
- On Call Coverage to support team as needed
- Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport boxed items weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs with assistance
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job