Senior or Staff Quality Engineer
The Senior/Staff Quality Engineer is responsible for overseeing the testing and inspection of products and processes at various points in the manufacturing operation to ensure adherence to company quality & food safety standards. They will play an integral role in the creation and development of the QA/QC technician team always working toward the betterment of the Quality Management System. The Senior/Staff Quality Engineer is responsible for making sure that engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. An important part of the job involves designing the company's quality standards and testing processes against those criteria.This person is also responsible for establishing and executing the disposition of products that do not meet company quality standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in inspecting and testing products
- Conduct Quality Audits to ensure product being produced meets established quality standards.
- Lead/participate in root cause investigations and the development and implementation of corrective or preventive action plans.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Audit the paperwork/performance of associates to ensure they are conducting tasks and checks at the required frequency.
- Identify and generate graphs for QA Key Results
- Evaluate test data and report deviations from existing standards.
- Attend the shift transition meeting on an as needed basis representing the QA department.
- Hold non-conforming product and be able to investigate and trouble shoot the non-conformity and provide the appropriate disposition for product not meeting company quality standards.
- Conduct product analysis with operations to evaluate current product quality and prevent large-scale issues.
- Assist in training new technicians as necessary. Assign training of new workers to qualified workers.
- Create process related documents as needed and ensure that documents being utilized accurately reflect current processes and methodology
- Maintain the work area 5S system
- Establish inspection protocols, defines sampling procedures, and determines equipment and mechanisms to be used in the inspection/testing process.
- Review quality assurance instructions, specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
- Ensure Food Safety HACCP plan is adhered to at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer using QMS/QA tools and processes
- Minimum 5 years QA experience in a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisory role
- Attention to detail, ability to be precise and accurate.
- Experience with corrective action methodologies including problem solving tools such as 5whys, fishbone etc.
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods).
- Knowledge of GMP, 5s, GLP, HACCP and Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- BS in an applicable technical field (industrial engineering, quality, plant science engineering) Preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Team player.
- Strong math skills, SPC experience a plus
- Critical thinker, analytical and problem-solving skills
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively via verbal and written methods
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job