QA Automation Engineer, Applications
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Plenty grows nutritious and delicious plants sustainably at scale. To do this, we must create an operating system for high precision, high automation farming. As a member of the Applications Software Team, you will be responsible for defining quality assurance protocols and building required systems and test harnesses to ensure we deliver high quality software to farm operators and plant scientists.
You will be joining a collaborative team of like-minded engineers with a strong software development background. You will also have an opportunity to help change the world--making nutrient-rich fresh fruits and vegetables abundant, affordable, and sustainable. In doing so you will work at the cutting edge of AI, software engineering, and precision agriculture.
- Develop a strong understanding of farm operations and all supporting systems, services and data flows
- Work closely with development and service operation teams to define, communicate and execute a robust and continuously improving quality assurance program
- Participate in incident-response process and blameless postmortems to drive learnings from production into system improvement
- Design and build test infrastructure for production service availability testing, validation testing, staging load testing, reliability testing, and end to end integration testing
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional agile software engineering team
- 2+ years of experience in quality assurance roles
- Strong bias towards automation
- Experience with full stack test harnesses like Junit, unittest, and Selenium
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with QA on production SaaS products
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault isolation, and communication skills
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, diligence, and attention to detail
- Experience with Git, Docker, and/or cloud platforms a plus
- Experience testing integrated hardware and software systems a plus
- Experience testing data intensive applications and AI systems a plus
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job