Senior/Staff System Integration and Process Engineer
South San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a System Integration and Process Engineer to work on defining and scaling the full farm processes and system behavior from the top down in order to help create the most efficient farms that the world has ever seen. In this role you will be collaborating with the broader engineering team to own, optimize and troubleshoot subsystems within the farm to help improve operational efficiency, minimize farm losses and increase plant yield. These combined goals will give Plenty’s produce global reach at an accessible price, leading to increased produce consumption and raising the quality of living around the world. You will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up.
- Define a station and step level process flow for major subsystems of the farm for current and future products, working with stakeholders across Plenty
- Partner with subsystem owners to define and improve process metrics, equipment performance indicators and station level monitoring
- Define and continuously update statistical process controls at a station and sub-system level
- Partner with data analytics team to drive data mining, understand correlations between process, sub-system and product performance to drive continuous process improvement
- Define and own in-line subsystem monitors, drive DOEs to troubleshoot subsystem issues to improve overall farm efficiencies and plant yield
- Drive system integration for new farm design and launch: from subsystem start-up to full farm validation, best-in-class farm yields, operations team training and handoff
- Drive cross farm focus teams for standardizing systems behavior and knowledge sharing
- Versatile system thinker with a track record of driving complex technical projects and cross-functional teams from design through to successful implementation
- Experience in process engineering and/or system integration in farm systems, semiconductor or automotive manufacturing, plant breeding or agriculture oriented industries
- Well versed in statistical analysis, SPC, DOE, ANOVA etc.
- Experience in JMP, Matlab, R etc. for data analysis
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- Experience with automation of fabrication or factory processes is a plus
- Experience leading teams or mentoring junior engineers is a plus
- BS / MS or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Plant breeding, Biochemistry (or equivalent)
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job