South San Francisco, CA
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an experienced design engineer who is excited about revolutionizing the world's food systems. Is this you? Then you’ve come to the right place.
At Plenty, we are building out a team of engineers to tackle problems that reimagine the way humanity grows food. In this role, you’ll manufacture our in-house designed indoor grow hardware and custom devices.
- Lay out and build assembly lines for electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Spec, source, install, qualify and program semi-automated equipment such as ultrasonic welders, wire termination equipment and adhesive dispensers
- Perform labor and throughput calculations
- Develop in-line and end-of-line inspection methodologies and equipment
- Support contract manufacturers foreign and domestic
- Maintain compliance of products that are subject to regulatory control
- Train assembly personnel
- Document manufacturing and inspection procedures, release documentation in a PLM system
- Trouble-shoot devices that fail during or after the manufacturing process
- Experience acquiring and commissioning manufacturing equipment
- Experience with medium to high volume electronic and mechanical product assembly
- Experience reading and executing on schematics, PCBA layout documents and mechanical part and assembly drawings
- Someone with a demonstrated track record of bringing products to market
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A BS degree (or higher) in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or a related field
- Nice to have:
- Experience working on a regulated (FCC, UL, FDA) product
- Experience with high voltage or high power products
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job