South San Francisco, CA
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Post Harvest Assistant who is excited to bring innovation and reliability to indoor farming. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced energetic environment, you've found the right place!
Reporting to the Post Harvest Manager, the Material Handler will be packing produce in a refrigerated environment, cleaning, sanitizing before and after, packaging and order fulfillment.
- Assist in post-harvest packaging of a variety of produce harvested daily.
- Perform sanitation procedures following company guidelines (SSOPs)
- Data entry (hand written and electronic)
- Work in cold environments (32 degrees) for extended periods of time
- Pitch in and help other Farm Operations as needed
- Requires working in a variety of physical conditions including standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 40 pounds intermittently.
- Able to follow direction and take initiative to solve problems as they arise.
- Enjoy working in an active environment with the majority of the day being spent on your feet.
- Good communication and willingness to speak up if something doesn’t seem right
- Have a love for produce with an eye for quality
- Previous experience in food processing, restaurants or related field a plus
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job