Technical Program Manager - Automation
South San Francisco, CA
As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee Plenty Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to customer. This role will focus on the development of Plenty’s core plant processing equipment and processes including seeding, transplanting, harvesting, and other ancillary process steps.
Ultimately, our mission is to improve the life of Plants, People, and Planet by providing Plenty’s delicious produce to the world. In this role you will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up and deploying it at a global scale.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, supply chain, construction management, and others to design, integrate, and deploy custom automated industrial equipment.
- Build comprehensive product specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams, Farm Operations, and Plant Science.
- Create and maintain a technology development roadmap for each processing step.
- Manage product development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Collaborate with Automation Team leaders prioritize and track team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Engineering PM team to develop the Engineering team’s product development and validation processes.
- 3-5 years designing and launching industrial equipment into manufacturing environments. At least one launch serving as a project manager a plus.
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities (DFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP etc.)
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing vendors and third party designers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job