Senior Brand & Product Marketing Manager
South San Francisco, CA
Plenty is an indoor, vertical farm that is shining a new light on the way we do food. It calls for less time, space, and resources while producing full-flavor, fresher, more cravable produce.
We are a collective of growers, innovators, engineers, scientists, artists, foodies and plant romantics working to improve the quality of plants, people, and planetary health.
You want to create a new category, build a global brand with big ambitions from the ground up, and transform how consumers experience food. As the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be a critical contributor in setting and executing the brand and product strategy in the marketplace to deliver and exceed business goals. Collaborating across marketing, sales, product, farm ops, engineering, market development, program management, and other key business stakeholders, you will support delivery of the GTM strategy and product roadmap. You are a consumer-driven, dynamic and highly motivated marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing, highly entrepreneurial environment. As a talented brand specialist, you have a passion for and demonstrated experience building brands that create joy for consumers, partners, and customers while driving a high quality bar. You have a genuine interest in the Plenty mission, the clean foods / healthy lifestyle space, and want to work for a fast-growing, emerging brand to transform how consumers experience food.
- Support the development and execution of Plenty’s GTM strategy in support of growth objectives resulting in a diverse portfolio of desirable products and experiences.
- Provide analytical thinking, problem solving and strategic frameworks to maximize the brand’s potential.
- Execute projects and/or discrete analyses and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders as needed.
- Drive consumer insights work around a variety of key areas such as product preference, messaging, packaging, etc...
- Leverage data and insights to drive strategic and tactical marketing decision making and optimization, and demonstrate business impact - move quickly and fail fast!
- Sponsor the development and testing of new programs that will build brand awareness and drive demand, and use data, technology, and creative channel solutions to create a brand experience that doesn’t yet exist.
- Establish goals, objectives, performance metrics, and develop an appropriate marketing investment level based on business objectives. Continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of marketing investments
- Support packaging development and shelf life analysis.
- Own and elevate Plenty’s retail presence.
- Passion for the Plenty mission and for building an iconic brand from the ground up.
- Clear demonstration of internal and external cross-functional partnership and strong collaborative approach; a natural partner advocate with penchant for developing win-win solutions.
- 5-8+ years experience in product innovation, brand marketing, strategy development
- Strong understanding of strategic frameworks, problem-solving and analytical skills, including analytical modeling
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Small company and/or start up experience a plus.
- Experience in the food and grocery space a plus.
- Proven track record of results driven planning and execution
- Project management skills, with experience both developing and executing marketing strategy
- Comfort with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment; experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment is a plus.
- Exceptional budget and timeline management
- Exceptional work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Must be able to perform under pressure, short deadlines and in high visibility settings with a bias for action and sense of urgency
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Superb presentation, oral and communication skills
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job