Engineering Manager, Integration
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we are building out our team of engineers to tackle problems that reimagine the way humanity grows food. In this role, you will lead a team with diverse skills, focused on improving how all of our system work together. There will be substantial opportunities for collaboration with other hardware and software engineering teams, plant scientists, and operations teams. Your team will influence early design, but also make sure that deployed systems are operating at peak performance.
- Become experts in Plenty hardware and software, especially the interfaces between systems and teams.
- Debug electrical and mechanical farm systems using a broad set of tools. If tools don’t exist, specify or build them.
- Gather data and document root-cause analysis of complex and quirky problems
- Improve hardware operation training and manuals for farm staff. Learn first, then teach others.
- Travel to farm sites for hands-on work when complex or unexpected issues arise.
- Collaborate with Plant Scientists and new product development teams on specialized tools that make them more effective, while also thinking about how those tools integrate with production systems.
- Experience with the development of complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience with hiring and managing cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, part drawings, schematics and program code. Curiosity, tenacity, and flexibility are key traits.
- Experience installing and programming electrical-mechanical equipment such as sensors, controllers, and appliances.
- Experience working in document-controlled and SOP-driven manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of safe use of basic hand and machine tools and basic electronic measurement equipment like oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- An engineering degree with a depth in hardware or software.
- 5+ years of experience with a combination of individual contributor and leadership roles.
- Final role and title will be commensurate with overall candidate experience.
Share this job