Senior QA Engineer, Platform
South San Francisco, CA
Plenty grows nutritious and delicious plants sustainably at scale. To do this, we must create an operating system for high precision, high automation farming. As a member of the Farm OS platform team, you will be responsible for defining quality assurance protocols and building required systems and test harnesses to ensure we deliver high quality software to farm operators and plant scientists.
You will be joining a collaborative team of like-minded engineers with a strong software development background. You will also have an opportunity to help change the world - making nutrient rich, fresh fruits and vegetables abundant, affordable and sustainable. In doing so you will work at the cutting edge of AI, software engineering, and precision agriculture.
- Develop a strong understanding of farm operations and all supporting systems, services and data flows.
- Work closely with our data lab and applications team to understand needs and ensure a rigorous quality assurance regime is in place.
- Review high-level design documents and define/review test plans and strategies.
- Design and build test infrastructure for production service availability/validation testing, staging load testing, reliability testing, and end to end integration testing.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional agile software engineering team.
- Strong scripting and linux systems skills.
- Strong bias towards automation.
- Experience with full stack test harnesses: Junit, unittest, selenium
- Experience with jenkins, CI/CD workflows.
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance roles.
- Experience building production SaaS products.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, fault isolation and communication skills.
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, diligence, attention to detail.
- Experience testing integrated hardware and software systems a big plus.
- Experience testing data intensive applications and AI systems a big plus.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job