Senior Site Reliability Engineer
South San Francisco, CA
Plenty grows nutritious and delicious plants sustainably at scale. To do this, we must create a platform for high precision, high automation farming. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be part of the Software Engineering team, bridging development and farm operations. You will drive continuous improvement of our platform by applying a software engineering mindset to all aspects of farm commissioning and operation. You will also have an opportunity to help change the world - making nutrient rich, fresh fruits and vegetables abundant, affordable and sustainable. In doing so you will work at the cutting edge of AI, software engineering, and precision agriculture.
- Develop a strong understanding of farm operations and all supporting systems, services and data flows.
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure core services reliability, participating in capacity planning, process design and improvement, performance analysis and systems tuning.
- Build and run large-scale distributed fault-tolerant systems.
- Setup end-to-end monitoring, alerting and recovery methods to ensure SLAs.
- Write and review code to automate development and deployment processes, and farm operations tasks.
- Troubleshoot complex distributed system issues.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- BS in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Fluent in Java and Python.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Strong understanding of linux systems, networking protocols and security practices.
- Experience with production SaaS services.
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SQL databases
- Curiosity, initiative, diligence.
- Experience with or willing to learn: NoSQL databases, Kafka, Apache Spark, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Git, IoT/MQTT
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job