Engineering Manager, Platform
South San Francisco, CA
Plenty grows nutritious and delicious plants sustainably at scale. To do this, we must create an operating system for high precision, high automation farming. As the engineering manager for the Platform team you will lead and build a highly skilled and innovative engineering team to support our cloud-based Farm Operating System (Farm OS) which is the software and data backbone for all Farm Operation and Optimization.
You will be joining a cross-functional and highly collaborative engineering organization and will have an opportunity to help change the world - making nutrient rich, fresh fruits and vegetables abundant, affordable and sustainable. In doing so you will work at the cutting edge of AI, software engineering, and precision agriculture.
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers to deliver robust and highly scalable platform services using agile engineering practices.
- Provide technical guidance on a day to day basis to the engineering team.
- Contribute to all phases of project lifecycle from requirements gathering, roadmap planning, design, delivery and operation.
- Collaborate with applications and data science teams to drive Farm OS vision and architecture.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience running scrum teams with agile processes.
- Experience managing and mentoring senior and junior engineers.
- A track record of building high performance engineering teams that deliver high quality product on time.
- Experience supporting production software in a multi-tenant cloud environment with high-availability and scalability.
- Experience with micro-service architectures, CI/CD infrastructure and Dev Ops best practices.
- Strong background in large scale data storage and processing systems.
- At least a BS/primary degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, Physics or a related field. MS or PhD a plus.
- Fluency with AWS, JIRA, Git, Docker and Kubernetes is highly desirable.
- Experience with hybrid cloud and premise architectures is a plus.
- Some experience with integrated hardware and software systems - ideally robotics or sensor networks - is also a plus.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job