Process Engineering Technician
South San Francisco, CA
Plenty is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Process Engineering Technician. This position is responsible for performing various tasks within the Farm Operations Department and assists the Sustaining Process Engineer with Lean implementation, training, data collection, and recordkeeping.
- Support operations, troubleshoot, resolve production and quality issues, and implement process improvements.
- Create and revise standard work instructions in specified format, working to continuously improve the standard work instruction process
- Conduct & analyze time studies
- Analyze, recommend, and implement layout and process flow improvements using Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Attend and support Kaizen events
- Assist with workstation and line layouts, balancing of work content, determination of labor requirements, material handling and storage solutions, process documentation, and operator training as needed.
- Work with Engineering to define work methods and work sequences in the development of new products and processes and participate in design reviews and the implementation of engineering changes.
- Assist in the development of training matrices/guidelines and implementation of the hands-on training process
- Utilize knowledge of Lean methodology to train and develop other team members on the basic principles
- Complete miscellaneous tasks and data collection as required to support the continuous improvement of all functional groups
- Must be mechanically inclined and have strong computer experience utilizing Microsoft programs and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) with capability of learning new systems and methods
- Good communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles including value stream mapping and kaizen is preferred.
- Must be creative, self-motivated, self-driven, fast learner, positive attitude and able to motivate others
- Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication and collaborative work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs
- Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, focused, and flexible
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job