Engineering Manager, Electrical Devices
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we are building out a team of engineers to tackle problems that reimagine the way humanity grows food. In this role, you will manage a team of engineers designing, testing and manufacturing the world’s most efficient indoor grow lighting hardware.
- Manage a team of electrical and mechanical engineers designing indoor grow lighting fixtures, power supplies and controllers
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to your team. In design reviews, at the lab bench, on the assembly line.
- Work with program managers, plant scientists, system architects and farm operations staff to develop system requirements and set objectives that meet our business’ goals
- Work with supply chain staff to source materials and manufacture assemblies
- Assess the skills of your team against company objectives and drive hiring of new team members
- Drive regulatory and reliability testing and qualification of your designs
- 5 or more years of experience designing and supporting product development programs in consumer electronics, commercial electronics or life sciences
- BS or higher degree in electrical engineering or a closely related field
- Strong engineering fundamentals with a solid understanding of thermal and mechanical engineering
- Experience with power conversion and electrical system architecture
- Someone who uses data and modelling to drive product decisions
- Experience from the prototype phase to high volume manufacturing phase of the product development cycle
- Capability and interest in working as both a leader and occasional individual contributor. Our teams are small and some situations are best handled by managers who can dive deep into design details when needed.
- A positive individual with a bias towards collaboration and action
- A manager interested in a capable of mentoring engineers who are developing their skills
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job