Senior Technical Program Manager - Devices
South San Francisco, CA
As one of our Senior Technical Program Managers, you will oversee Plenty Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to customer. This role will focus on the development of Plenty’s high volume components, from luminaires to sensors to grow towers. These comprise many of the core Plenty strategic components in the farm.
Ultimately, our mission is to improve the life of Plants, People, and Planet by providing Plenty’s delicious produce to the world. In this role you will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up and deploying it at a global scale.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineers, supply chain managers, construction managers, plant scientists and others to design various high volume mechanical, electrical and power devices.
- Build comprehensive product specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams, Farm Operations, and Plant Science.
- Manage a technology development roadmap for each product.
- Manage product development, schedule, and cost.
- Work with the rest of the Engineering PM team to develop the Engineering team’s product development and validation processes.
- 5-9 years managing the design of products; high volume, electrical or mechanical assemblies preferred
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities (DFMEA, DV/PV testing, supplier qualifications etc.)
- Experience in high volume manufacturing processes - injection molding, stamping, PCB assembly, wire harness assembly, casting, extrusion, etc.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing vendors and third party designers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Physics.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job