Senior Mechanical Engineer - Full Farm Design
South San Francisco, CA
- Design farm layouts, taking input from the teams designing the major subsystems of the farm and stakeholders across Plenty
- Design and analyze incoming and outgoing material flow and give input to in-process product flow
- Simulate full farm labor requirements and use simulation results to drive designs
- Model farm output and product throughput
- Define the process sequences for material flow and people flow in the farm
- Define the boundary for farm clean space and method for entering and leaving clean space
- Coordinate and influence the design efforts of the engineering teams designing electrical distribution, compressed air distribution and general space HVAC with the goal of overall farm optimization
- Versatile system thinker with a track record of driving cross-functional teams to well optimized designs and carrying those design through to successful implementation
- Experience designing factory layouts and material flow systems
- Experience with discrete event simulation software. Experience with AnyLogic is a plus.
- Experience validating labor and flow models using production data
- Experience working with architecture and construction firms to bring concept designs to a permitted reality
- Experience implementing designs in production environments
- Experience with solid modeling software. Experience with Catia is a plus.
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or System Engineering (or equivalent)
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job