Associate Scientist, New Crops
The Associate Scientist, New Crops will report to the Senior/Research Scientist over new crops and assist them in the science, strategy and management of the New Crops team. Helping to organize and manage the team responsible for trialing and optimizing crops in their early stage. Exploring new crops and guiding them through a dynamic crop review and optimization process is essential to our success.
- Coordinate with the Senior Scientist to outline strategy
- Work to develop research schedules and organize team workflow for multiple crops across multiple research spaces.
- Assist in designing, setting up and running experiments to optimize crop specific cultural practices and environmental settings. Assist in analyzing collected data and writing up project results.
- Utilize SASS, R or other statistical analysis software to generate significance of treatment effects and crop progress towards stated goals.
- Work closely with the Plant Science R & D teams in Laramie to execute all experimental duties for crop optimization and product development, and with crop specific production teams to support successful product launch.
- Generate entry and exit reports for process-based projects and crop summaries.
- Update and synchronize team goals and projects with other Plant Science teams, facilities and systems teams.
- Manage the research assistants and technicians in day to day tasks.
- BS in horticulture, agriculture or botany (with applied plant science experience).
- Strong passion for working with produce and experience with balancing a broad set of yearly tasks across diverse scientific disciplines and species.
- 3-5 years of experience in statistical analysis and data science.
- Ability to organize projects and develop dashboards and organizational tools for tracking progress.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize business goals and generate results under pressure and with limited oversight.
- Proven ability to lead as demonstrated by a minimum 5 years’ experience leading a team and managing diverse tasks.
- Proven ability to be a high output individual.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job