Supply Chain and Logistics
Global Supply Manager, Strategic Capex
South San Francisco, CA
As a Global Supply Manager for Capex you will be working upstream with our engineering team to facilitate and influence our strategic design and sourcing decisions. Those decisions are critical to Plenty’s success in being the first major and most influential indoor vertical farming company globally. Our Supply Chain team is constantly striving to do things better, faster and cheaper than before. We aim to be the fastest growing food company ever and must ensure we have a dynamic, nimble and robust supply chain to support that growth.
A successful candidate should be walking in as a top performer with a broad range of experience. We are looking for driven individuals who can work quickly, deliver immediate results and find ways to raise the bar every day. A successful candidate is technically strong, relentless, locates and removes inefficiencies, is innovative and can communicate complex topics simply.
- Strategy Development and Execution: Help establish our global supply chain strategy and partner with engineering to identify, evaluate, and execute on new ideas and partnerships that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology; areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Automation and robotics
- Controls and sensors
- Advanced lighting
- Advanced HVAC
- Farm construction
- Supply Chain Development: identify, develop, and manage Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network and strategic partners
- Cost Targets: achieve most efficient costs for parts and components while helping enable Plenty’s unique design requirements.
- Cross-functional leadership: help build, support, and lead cross-functional teams during technology development and ramp.
- Manage Availability: evaluate supplier capabilities and ensure product availability to support production demand and ramp
- Program Management: manage resources and tasks to achieve program objectives.
- BA/BS + 4 years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations or related field; masters degree and/or MBA is strongly preferred
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Strong negotiator with highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of manufacturing and/or engineering experience
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various cross functional teams
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to influence teams to move in the right direction
- A burning desire to change the world
Share this job