South San Francisco, CA
The Production Supervisor is responsible to supervise the day to day processing functions to maximize the placement of people and use of raw materials to produce products at or below standard budgeted costs; provide product and services that meet product specifications and customer requirements; to ensure that the team drives towards meeting all safety, quality, and sanitation guidelines.
- Train, teach, coach and motivate Associates.
- Supervise the activities of Associates, directing their efforts to meet production goals in a safe manner.
- Maintain safety, quality, sanitation and productivity standards.
- Ensure production lines are ready to run at start-up.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods and equipment performance.
- Ensure product meets required specifications.
- Follow safety procedures at all time and ensure safety of Associates.
- Communicate previous shift issues to incoming shift Supervisors and discuss action plans to resolve issues.
- Identify specific problems and identify solutions to get them resolved. This includes developing action plans for the next step.
- Achieve budgeted goals for efficiency on an on-going basis.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate Associates to achieve production goals.
- 3 yrs experience in a Supervisory capacity.
- AA degree or college coursework preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Prior experience working in a USDA environment.
Share this job