South San Francisco, CA
perform and document quality and food safety checks as required, to ensure all products meet Plenty’s quality standards and food safety requirements.
The QA/QC Technician is responsible for testing, inspection of products and processes at various points in the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to company quality & food safety standards. This person is also responsible for establishing and executing the disposition of products that do not meet company quality standards.
- Conduct Quality Audits to ensure product being produced meets established quality standards.
- Conduct analytical testing of product and raw materials used for or during manufacture to assure they meet company standards.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Assess the quality of incoming materials to make sure they meet specifications.
- Audit the paperwork of operators to ensure they are conducting checks at the required frequency.
- Attend the shift transition meeting on a daily basis representing the QA department.
- Evaluate current testing protocols and recommend improvements.
- Hold non-conforming raw materials, packaging materials, WIP and finished product be able to investigate and trouble shoot the non-conformity and provide the appropriate disposition for product not meeting company quality standards.
- Conduct product analysis with operations to evaluate current product quality and prevent large-scale issues.
- Conduct co-manufacturing product analysis on retain samples and maintain records of result data.
- Assist in training new technicians as necessary.
- Create documents as needed and ensure that documents being utilized accurately reflect current processes and methodology
- Maintain the work area 5s system
- Utilize Good Laboratory Practice when conducting testing
- Identify and generate graphs for QA Key Results
- Utilize computer to enter and track test result data.
- Evaluate test data and report deviations from existing standards.
- Evaluate incoming material Certificate of Analysis (COA) against the current company specifications. Validate COA through either internal or outside lab testing of product according to specified audit frequency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Minimum 3 years QA experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be precise and accurate.
- Ability to make good judgment and decisions during their shift.
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods).
- Knowledge of GMP, 5s, GLP, HACCP and Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- BS/A in an applicable technical field (industrial engineering, quality, mechanical engineering, materials science engineering) Preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Team player.
- Strong math skills.
- Analytical skills.
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively via verbal and written methods
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job