South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Quality Manager who will be responsible for improving and implementing Plenty’s Quality Program to make sure our customers get the most amazing tasting and beautiful product.
As our Quality Manager, you will work closely with many of our teams including: Engineering to ensure farms are designed to produce and measure quality products, Farm Operations to improve and implement quality assurance processes, Supply Chain to maintain quality all the way to our customers doorstep, Marketing to ensure quality metrics are properly set to drive unparalleled customer experience, and new product development to create specifications for new products.
What You'll Do
- Work with Farm Operations to implement and run the ongoing process for ensuring that outgoing product conforms to specifications, and that product that falls short is properly tracked & catalogued to drive learning
- Work with New Product Development team and Go-To-Market teams to establish QA standards for new products
- Work cross-functionally to establish in-process QA for new products; establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying Plenty growing practices
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies across all Plenty locations; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods
- Devise testing plans and methods to improve Plenty product quality from harvest to customer
- Establish rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and working with Plenty Growing team to understand trends
- Reduce costs of Plenty's QA process by introducing new tools to maximize labor efficiency
- Review and Improve Farm SOPs with a focus on improving Product Quality
- Implement systems for accurate documentation of quality processes and data collection on the production line
What We're Looking For
- Experience working with data, finding ways to analyze and visualize complex data sets to drive insight
- 5+ years experience working in Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, or Quality Management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with food packaging or relevant industry a plus
- Highly motivated/self-starter who is able to work both autonomously and cross functionally
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
Share this job