Software Engineering Program Manager
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Engineering Program Manager for our Software and Data teams to help structure, manage, maintain, and improve the way that we develop this part of our business.
Plenty is seeking a Software Engineering Program Manager to work with our diverse team developing software and data systems to support the future of farming. In this role, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team to define, develop, and deliver software and data systems projects that enable the Plenty farms of the future to operate efficiently. You will leverage your technical background to partner with the teams to bring to life innovative ways of using data to further improve the lives of people, plants, and the planet.
What You'll Do
- Develop project plans and execution strategies to support the overall delivery of multiple software and automation projects simultaneously. This includes scope definition, requirements management, timeline, risk management, and issue resolution
- Develop and manage processes, tools, and metrics in collaboration with other engineering leaders to increase efficiency and quality of the projects and deliverables
- Communicate expectations, risks, schedules, and progress throughout the project lifespan to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Proactively identify and manage risks and changes to feature or project scope, especially if they impact release timelines or conflict with other team priorities
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management / Engineering Management experience, in a high-tech environment, with a demonstrated track record
- Experience in agile project management, specifically in software configuration, validation and roll-out
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical individuals alike
- Highly organized and process driven
- Positive, collaborative, and empathetic individual
- Prior software or systems engineering experience a plus. Strong emphasis on ability to read and generally understand other teammates’ code
- Familiarity with AWS and related cloud services is a plus
- Experience with Google Suite, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Github, and Smartsheets desirable
- BS or higher in computer science, engineering, science, math or related field.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job