South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
About the Role
You want to change the way people think about and experience food, not only creating a new food category but catalyzing a global movement that drives consumer demand for cleaner, more delicious food.
You thrive operating in a fast-paced environment in a very collaborative and entrepreneurial manner, and you have a passion for creating joy for partners while driving a high quality bar.
What You'll Do
- Oversee all of Plenty’s communication efforts externally, bringing Plenty’s story to life through big picture narratives, helping to define the futures of indoor agriculture and cleaner foods.
- Drive all aspects of Plenty’s PR and communications strategy and execution, working closely with the CEO and leadership team
- Lead the team responsible for earned media and PR for corporate, brand, product, technology, consumer, policy, crisis and international
- Drive initiatives through meticulously cultivated relationships and experiences with influential media and opinion makers.
- Create clear and concise message stack, bringing a compelling point-of-view throughout PR efforts and cementing it in the market.
- Develop and drive an executive communications strategy and thought leadership program underpinned by content, speaking opportunities, surveys, data and research.
- Provide dynamic, visible, and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives, and lead the team to ensure cross-functional collaboration and coordination in achieving marketing objectives
What We’re Looking For
- A passion for Plenty’s mission.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a senior management role both in-house and agency.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive, global strategic communications and content programs that advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Ability to drive and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Bias for action - you are proactive and play an offensive game of PR.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively manage change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Endless curiosity, quick wit, thoughtfulness and tenacity.
- High judgment and great instincts.
- Must be willing to get your hands dirty – we’re a small team, and no job is too big or too small for any of us.
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
Share this job