Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
Plenty is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work on the most advanced vertical farming system in the world. In this role you will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology and deploying it at scale to internal constituents from growers to sales to farm operators. This position will be focused specifically on the Farm Orchestration Software (PlentyOS) that automates our farms' operations, particularly on the early phase of the automation of our farms.As one of our Senior Product Managers, you’ll gain a strong understanding of how Plenty farms work, as the foundation from which you will drive product discovery, delivery, and commissioning. To do that, you’ll interface with manufacturing, process, and operational teams directly on the farm sites. You'll also work closely with both the Software and Controls engineering teams to define solutions to the problems you have identified and flawlessly execute against them. This role will be responsible for software projects ranging from new automation features and better information tracking to revamping how we commission automation systems in our farms.
The overall goal is to streamline production, and provide the best value to Plenty and the best experience to our users.
- Care for all aspects of Product Management & Product Operations of new or existing subproducts of the Plenty Farm Automation Stack: Discovery, Delivery, and Commissioning while supporting the core pillars of our Product Operations.
- Product Strategy: Contribute, maintain, and communicate often product vision, strategy, and an outcome-based roadmap.
- Product Discovery: Discover and prioritize the most important problems and needs worth solving based on the vision and their added value to Plenty, our customers, and users.
- Product Delivery: Create detailed software requirements and support through any way needed the efficient product delivery to solve those problems/needs in collaboration with the Software, Controls, Hardware, and other Engineering teams. Partner with Software teams in regular planning, stand-ups, and frequent online and offline discussions around design, development, and strategy.
- Product Commissioning, Process & Practices: Own the rollout and commissioning process of those solutions: communicate, develop and coordinate software releases, including release notes, documentation, tests, training plans, and set practices ensuring the value of the product work reaches its full potential.
Create temporary tools, and early prototypes to support on-site teams or unblock critical situations, validate potential solutions, and ensure a seamless operation.
- Product Operations, Users & Customers Insights: Gain expertise in Plenty users, customers, software, industrial, and production operations contexts to address system integration issues, enhance processes, and collaborate for gap analysis, and propose system or business improvements to mitigate future occurrences. Create tools or processes to automate or streamline gap analysis
- Product Operations, Business Data & Insights: Define metrics for measuring customer and business impact, make them widely visible, and leverage them to make data-driven prioritization decisions.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of product management experience (Discovery, Delivery, and Commissioning of new technology products) in a hardware/software, physical, or industrial context
- 1+ years of operational, field integration, on-site commissioning or similar hands-on/in-situ experiences with users or customers related to technology operations or implementation in a hardware, manufacturing, industrial or physical set-up
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or higher (e.g. M.S.) in an Electrical Engineering, Automation, Engineering, Computer Science field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to understand complex automated systems
- Exceptional ability to connect with, listen, learn from, align & lead without authority field operators and operational teams. Can also easily, often and confidently communicate with executive management.
- Strong organizational skills along with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities according to business needs in an exceptionally fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong self-drive ability to complete undertakings independently without supervision while driving consensus and working with many stakeholders
- A positive mindset with a bias towards in-farm collaboration and action who thrive on-site over extended periods
- Exceptional communication -- you thrive at connecting the dots between your work and business goals, keeping empathy at the forefront of all communications
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $150,000 - 165,000 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.