Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
- Lead a strong food safety and quality culture throughout all levels of the site organization
- Ownership of the site’s environmental monitoring program (Microbiological testing)
- Be a hands on key member of the manufacturing site leadership team
- Demonstrate passion and a high level of floor presence and influence on food safety and product quality
- Responsible for line management/coaching of the site’s quality and food safety team
- Responsible for the site’s SQF food safety and quality program as the site’s SQF Practitioner
- Participate in the R&D Strategy Deployment at the site
- Lead the quality function at the site to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Lead and support quality standards like, FSSC, SQF, GMP, HACCP, 5S etc.
- Implement a quality management system that is in compliance with SQF and QMP standards, including CAPA
- Conduct quarterly audits to confirm compliance
- Participate as a key member in the Food Safety Council
- Manage site-specific SOPs related to quality and food safety functions
- Ensure the integration of quality and food safety procedures and processes to drive quality performance
- This role is on-site in Compton but can travel up to 10% of the time
- Others duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, or related field required
- Minimum 10+ years of experience working in Quality assurance, with 5+ years of experience in people management, proven track record in developing teams and leading people
- Demonstrated experience driving results and ensuring key metrics are met and exceeded
- Ability to strongly communicate across teams to ensure results are achieved
- Experience in Quality and Manufacturing environments in food/beverage and/or produce (fruits and vegetables) experience a plus
- HACCP-certified preferred
- Demonstrated experiences in leading change, project management, and driving world class food safety culture
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary on a biweekly basis, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your home internet and phone bills, and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $120,700 - $132,800 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.