Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
Plenty is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager of Farm Applications to join our Software team in driving forward our ambitious roadmap. As one of our Senior Software Product Managers, you’ll need to gain a strong understanding of how the Plenty Farms work, as the foundation from which you will drive user research, feature and product design, roadmap and vision. You will work closely with the Plenty Software Engineers to drive projects from conception through launch and turnover to our internal customers. This role will be responsible for software projects ranging from new farm traceability and automation to tracking new plant trials.Ultimately, our mission is to improve the life of Plants, People, and Planet by providing Plenty’s delicious produce to the world. In this role you will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology and deploying it at scale to internal constituents from growers to sales to farm operators.
- Understand and break down complex, often technical processes into software requirements that drive product development, iterative releases and roadmaps. You’ll also develop detailed test plans and lead these testing efforts
- Oversee all aspects of software deployment from initial roll-out and commissioning to ensuring ongoing operations
- Collaborate with Plenty team members, who are our users, to understand their needs, from which you’ll design and prioritize solutions. You’ll work with functional experts ranging from Growers, Farm Operators, Mechanical Engineers, Sales, Supply Chain and more
- Provide stakeholders with clear verbal and written plans, estimates, schedules and updates regarding their requests and new developments
- Develop and implement training programs tailored to the needs of end-users and stakeholders
- Regularly assess software experience, procedures and workflows for potential enhancements and efficiency gains
- Collaborate with other software and hardware engineering teams to understand integration constraints and needs in order to solve for clear and unified processes
- Rapidly create temporary tools, and early prototypes to support on-site teams or unblock critical situations, validate potential solutions, and ensure a seamless operation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the industrial and manufacturing context, leading investigations into potential system integration issues, and continuously seeking opportunities for process enhancement and operational efficiency.
- Maintain clear, accurate documentation of all software procedures, changes, and lessons learned.
- Partner with Software teams in regular planning, stand ups and frequent on and offline discussion around design, development and strategy
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Others duties as assigned
- 5+ years of technical product management experience that includes creating product specifications, roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction with internet products and technologies, using Agile methodology & tools
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems
- Ability to sell ideas and influence multiple stakeholders
- An analytical mindset and a data driven decision making
- Experience gathering and using product feedback to influence product design and iteration
- An exceptional communicator - you thrive at connecting the dots between your work and business goals, keeping empathy at the forefront of all communications
- Emphasis on collaboration and joint ownership across teams and organizations
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply