Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
Plenty is looking for a Senior Global Supply Manager, Capex to join our Supply Chain team. The Supply Chain team plays a key part in Plenty’s continued success. We constantly strive to do things better, faster, and more affordably. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects related to capital expenditures and construction within our farms. Making strategic decisions regarding commodity strategy, supplier sourcing, commercial issues/negotiations, cost reduction plans, and overall supplier management.
You will be working upstream with our Engineering and Deployment team to facilitate and influence our strategic strategy, design, and sourcing decisions. In addition to being regularly engaging with other internal teams including but not limited to Engineering, Finance, Farm Deployment, Farm Operations, , Legal, and Plant Science.
We are looking for driven individuals who can work quickly, deliver immediate results, and find ways to raise the bar every day. You should be technically strong, driven, able to spot and solve inefficiencies, innovative, and able to communicate complex topics concisely.
- Help establish our global supply chain strategy and partner with Engineering and/or Deployment to identify, evaluate, and execute on new ideas and partnerships that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology
- Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Automation and Robotics
- Controls and Sensors
- Nutrient and Irrigation
- Farm Construction
- Developing and managing Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network and strategic partners
- Achieve the most efficient costs for parts, components, and services while helping enable Plenty’s unique design requirements
- Help build, support, and lead cross-functional teams during technology development and ramp
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and ensure product availability to support production demand and ramp
- Manage resources and tasks to achieve program objectives
- Travel up to 30%
- Others duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of related experience or a Master's Degree and 8+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 5+ years experience or equivalent work experience
- An open-mind and self-starter mentality with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve
- Strong negotiator with highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and/or construction
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects across various teams
- Ability to collaborate with a team and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to influence a wide variety of teams
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply