Sales Strategy Manager
We are on a mission to grow plenty of fresh food for everyone, everywhere. We are building the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, indoor vertical farms. Using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need, our farms are designed to secure our food future.
Our people and teams are how we make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Join us as we rewrite the rules of agriculture, and we’ll bet our berries you’ll be rewarded with innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities and meaningful work.
Plenty is looking for a Sales Strategy Manager to join our Sales Operations team. The mission of the team is to enable and accelerate profitable growth, and you’ll be critical in scaling up our strategic revenue management capabilities to ensure we can deliver on our customer and company commitments. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality and accurate analyses to support some of our most critical sales levers including pricing, sales planning, deal support, and long-term sales planning. As we scale up our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) team, you’ll also support our medium-term sales forecasting work to enable our commercial expansion and our farm in Compton, Los Angeles. You’ll also work closely with the Commercial Leadership team to drive the sales team to achieve our goals.
This role will require rigorous quantitative analysis along with comfort making prudent assumptions without a lot of data. We’re looking for someone who is naturally curious and analytical, enjoys asking the right questions and uncovering data-driven insights, and thinks expansively and creatively to uncover new opportunities.
- Pricing & Strategic Revenue Management: Drive our Strategic Revenue Management review cycle, including quarterly business reviews covering business & product P&Ls (profit and loss), customer profitability analyses, and more
- Drive pricing strategy and pricing recommendations for products and deals across multiple channels
- Conduct competitive analysis and pricing research, surveys, and in market testing to understand elasticity and inform recommendations
- Build robust and dynamic models to evaluate business impact across different scenarios, from pricing changes, demand growth, COGS (cost of goods sold) decreases, etc.
- Lead the Sales Quota process, collaborating with the Commercial leadership team to design, set, and track against a sales quota
- Create a sales planning discipline that identifies gaps versus plan and drives the team to close them
- Collaborate with Commercial Analytics manager to provide post-promotion analysis and develop trade and promotions strategy
- Go-to-Market Strategy and Analysis: Assess and develop various go-to-market strategies inclusive of distribution, share, volume, pricing, profitability, competitive dynamics, market trends, and other strategic questions
- Provide ad-hoc deal support for some of our largest partnerships as we expand our commercial footprint
- Develop presentation content for senior executives including supporting our Commercial Steering Committee, Board Meetings, and investor presentations
- Serve as an all-around team player that can jump into new opportunities as they arise
- Sales Planning & Support for S&OP Process: As we scale our Sales & Operations Planning team, partner with Sales and other cross-functional partners to build a high-quality and accurate sales forecast
- Set up a collaborative and comprehensive forecasting process with key customers
- Create and maintain the reporting dashboard to summarize forecasts to an executive-level audience
- Build out accurate and efficient risk-management models to assess fulfillment implications of S&OP forecasts and balance risk of over/under-supply
- Over time, transition sales forecast and related models to dedicated S&OP team
- Own our long-term sales planning model, driving decisions about launch sequencing and go-to-market approach for new SKUs and new customers
- Travel up to 10% of the time
- Others duties as assigned
- 4+ years of related experience in strategy, consulting, analytics, investing, or related fields
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- Impeccable analytics skills combined with clear written + oral communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with business partners including Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, and Finance
- Ability to work independently and navigate an ever-changing high growth environment
- Education or experience equivalent to a B.A. or B.S.
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $126,500 - $139,200 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.