Senior Staff Security Architect
We are on a mission to grow plenty of fresh food for everyone, everywhere. We are building the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, indoor vertical farms. Using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need, our farms are designed to secure our food future.
Our people and teams are how we make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Join us as we rewrite the rules of agriculture, and we’ll bet our berries you’ll be rewarded with innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities and meaningful work.
- Design, develop, and implement security architectures, policies, and procedures
- Research security threats and devise & update our strategic security roadmap to counter vulnerabilities
- Monitor, analyze, and report on security incidents
- Review and validate security configurations
- Collaborate with other departments such as IT, Software & Data, Engineering, and Plant Sciences to ensure that security best practices are followed
- Keep current on security trends and technologies
- Participate in triage of security incidents, including intrusion, SIEM, and AV alerts
- Participate in security assessments of new applications and services
- Create relevant documentation detailing procedures and controls
- Maintain and update system documentation and diagrams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 12+ years of experience in a security-focused role with significant strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Hands-on security experience across a variety of services, applications, and technologies
- Specific knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) security and infrastructure-related technologies such as Identity Access Management (IAM), CloudFormation, segmentation strategies
- Deep familiarity with common security tools including vulnerability management, Security information and event management (SIEM) platforms, Wireshark, Metasploit, etc.
- Experience hardening and securing Linux and Windows servers
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented setting
- A track record of collaborating closely with various teams, including Software & Data, DevOps, IT, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to learn/obtain the following:
- Security certifications
- AWS Associate or Professional certifications
- Working in regulated/audited environments (SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Securing common SaaS apps to best-practices
- Automating processes and building tools
- Security certifications
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
If you reside in California, Colorado, New York, or Washington please send an email to [email protected] to receive compensation information for this role.