Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
- Collaborate with Production Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance and other cross functional teams as the expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality product
- Manage the day to day operations of the Maintenance Team
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability, reliability, food safety/sanitation, and process capability
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service bulletins, and documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life cycle management
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Provide hands-on support and guidance to the Maintenance Team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations
- Maintain Preventative Maintenance logs to support food safety certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Education or experience equivalent to B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of progressive experience working on a maintenance team supporting automated production lines
- Experience leading technicians or other technical resources
- Demonstrated track record of creating processes from scratch and improving existing processes within a Maintenance department
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Structured problem solving methodologies such as DMAIC, 8D, etc.
- Ability to meet tight timelines and solve issues in the collaboration with others
- Experience with PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration and robot programming, backup and restoration
- Experience in high volume manufacturing
- Willingness to work days, afternoons, nights and weekends as determined by project needs
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Make sure Equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
- Responsible for making sure the methods and responsibility for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings shall be documented, planned and carried out in a manner that minimizes the risk of product, packaging or equipment contamination
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $135,000 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.