Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
In this role, you will be dedicated to the strategy and execution of key talent processes such as performance enablement, talent planning, organizational design, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, and career development with a passion for building strong teams. If you are a proactive, organized, and operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design and implementation of talent programs (e.g., succession management, talent movement, talent development, strategic capability building, talent architecture); ensure a clear and effective talent strategy with the tools and practices to surface and solve opportunities related to leadership, management, performance and team composition (organizational design, optimal mix of skill-set and mindset, cost structure).
- Develop and lead organization design efforts, including translating strategy into design criteria and principles; work and process design; defining interaction models; job and role design.
- Enhance talent calibration tools and best practices, succession plans and targeted development plans for successors and other high potential talent that align with business processes and long-term business strategies.
- Support and work with business teams to understand current and future goals and trends that may impact workforce needs and initiatives. Proactively engage with leaders on people strategy through workforce planning, organization design and structure.
- Develop and maintain a competency framework to communicate which behaviors are required, valued, recognized, and rewarded with respect to specific roles within the organization.
- Lead efforts to create a culture of career so that employees can grow, develop and move across the company – leveraging internal mobility as a means to continuously create new opportunities for employees to gain exposure, capabilities, and experience; increase the visibility of programs.
- Identify the needs for change and lead the implementation and adaptation to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes.
- Drive the design and implementation of inclusive and equitable performance enablement, including the tools, technology, and systems; implement process improvements / actions plans to enhance the adoption of performance enablement best practices, which includes inclusive feedback conversations and accountability.
- Lead the performance enablement process to ensure clarity of expectations, exceptional delivery of high-quality feedback, and meaningful outcomes following performance calibrations.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance enablement system (Lattice), standards of performance, performance evaluation instruments and translating data from performance tools into actionable insights.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues where coaching and/or facilitation can produce positive outcomes. Escalate complex employee relations issues to the People Operations team where disciplinary action and/or investigation is needed.
Data & Analytics
- Analyze trends and leverage metrics to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for intervention; measure effectiveness and impact to Plenty’s core competencies, values, and business goals; develop practical tracking and reporting methods.
- Others duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of People/HR experience, with 2+ years in a manufacturing or production environment and/or facilities management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience applying operational best practices around organizational planning, performance enablement and team growth
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - you can work effectively across all employee levels, and utilize a variety of methods to ensure shared understanding
- Thorough understanding of relevant employment laws and their impact upon employee populations
- Demonstrated track record of growing fast-paced, inclusive organizations in a culture and values-aligned way
- Deep knowledge and experience applying HR best practices around coaching, employee engagement, and change management
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
Type of Role
- Full-Time, Hybrid
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $133,000 - $146,300 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements