Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
Our Commercial team is responsible for ensuring Plenty’s commercial success across products and channels. This includes Sales, Marketing and Business Development. The Sales/Business Development team identifies and drives Plenty’s growth into new channels, crops, products, markets, and strategic partnerships. The Marketing team is responsible for ensuring Plenty’s success by driving demand and velocity and setting the brand direction to define a new food category. The Commercial team drives the company to decisions around which strategic growth opportunities to pursue and then coordinates the effort to execute on those decisions in partnership with the appropriate cross-functional teams and external partners.
As our Shopper Marketing Senior Manager, you will help develop and bring to life the Plenty brand in our retail locations. In this role you will be the steward of Plenty’s brand as we launch and expand our distribution in California. As part of the Marketing team you will work closely within the Commercial team and with other internal and external teams across the business to develop and execute effective marketing programs that drive conversion, velocity, and customer affinity.
- Think strategically and creatively to break the conventions of shopper marketing to deliver a better consumer experience
- 12+ years of shopper or retail marketing experience in-house or within an agency working with large, established retail partners
- Self-starter with ability to work independently – high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in consumer insights and the ability to leverage them to build highly engaging, consumer-first retail marketing that drives results
- Collaborative spirit with a strong track record of working with brand, creative, and commercial teams to bring exciting work to life
- Ability to think creatively and deliver out-of-the-box thinking
- Experience in successfully launching and developing new brands in the FMCG/CPG space
- Excited and motivated by the opportunity to join an early stage company and the ability to be both hands on and off pending the requirements of the project
- A strong network of agency and freelance resources to tap as we diversify Plenty’s presence in retailer networks
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply