Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Sanitation Technician to join our Farm Operations sanitation team. The sanitation team ensures that our produce and work areas are food and worker safe. Your skills and training will be applied to plant production in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic farm.
What you'll do
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Wear required and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 100% adherence to all company established chemical, safety and cleaning policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Execute sanitation schedule: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Semi-Annual and Annual
- Able to use industrial cleaning chemicals and understand chemical safety and chemical handling procedures
- Sanitize and clean machines and machine parts using chemicals, high pressure hoses, spraying and scrubbing
- Reassemble machines as necessary
- Trash and recycling removal
- Sanitize plant floors, drains, walls, and shelves
- Perform record keeping and data tracking; responsible for completing the plant’s Master Sanitation Schedule
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Continuously improve the sanitation process
- Complies with and follows company food safety and quality policies
- Ability to push and pull Bins that could range from 100-400 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Occasional call for Overtime
- Weekend work as needed
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks at once
What you’ll bring to the table
- High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 2-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically
- Read and understand chemical labels
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to train, maintain and promote a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned. Schedules will be reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on business needs
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive wage on a biweekly basis.
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical benefits after 90 days and in-office gyms
- Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new products in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill
- Sick leave & holidays: we offer 24 hours of sick leave and double pay for any holidays worked
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product complies with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $23.13/hr - $25.43/hr for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.