Senior Engineering Technician
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet. The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that.
About This Role
The Machine Build team is looking for an Engineering Technician to join our engineering team in reimagining the way food is grown You will work closely with the Mechanical, Controls, Automation, Plant Science, and Software teams to understand specifications, complete a design, and finally build and test it in the field. In this role, you will work closely with the internal Automation team to drive farm automation controls architecture, build machines, and assist with system commissioning. We are looking for someone who has experience in industrial automation and is excited about the task of bringing our machine build process internal to Plenty.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Manage and organize the electrical shop workspace including purchasing and maintaining inventory of parts
- Build industrial electrical enclosure being deployed in our grow spaces involving mechanical enclosure design, disconnects, circuit breakers, relays, and other industrial automation components
- Perform rework of mechanical assemblies and electrical enclosures
- Field installation of new machines and retrofitting existing production equipment
- Collaborate with engineers to prototype and test new designs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience, closely working with engineers and executing engineering specifications
- Experience assembling machines that involved both mechanical components, induction motors, pneumatic valves, and other electromechanical components
- Experience with electrical working and debugging skills
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings
- Experience working with relays, pumps, motors, and other basic industrial power
- Soldering experience
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with high voltage, automated testing, and/or mechanical and electrical
- Experience fabricating plans using CAD software a plus
Food Safety Requirement
- Make sure Equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.