Global Supply Manager, Indirect Procurement
Global Supply Manager - Indirect Procurement
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Plenty is seeking a Global Supply Manager to support our growth by negotiating cost-effective software, services and equipment. In this role you will be working with various internal teams to facilitate and influence our strategic design and sourcing decisions. You will make strategic decisions regarding supplier sourcing, commercial issues/negotiations, and cost reduction plans, as well as overall supplier management and regularly engaging with other internal teams including Facilities, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Farm Operations and Plant Science.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Purchase software, services and equipment for People Operations, IT, Marketing, Real Estate, Facilities, Plant Science, and other miscellaneous categories
- Support smooth procure to pay process by working with the stakeholders and finance
- Gather requirements and input, conduct research, analyze data and propose procurement strategy for different indirect categories
- Review and manage process improvement for procurement procedures and tools by working with cross-functional team
- Collaborate with other members of the Supply Chain team to establish our global supply chain strategy and partner with engineering to identify, evaluate, and execute on new ideas and partnerships that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology
- Identify, develop, and manage Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network and strategic partners
- Achieve efficient costs for indirect spend while helping enable Plenty’s unique requirements.
- Help build, support, and lead cross-functional teams for indirect spend
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and ensure product availability to support demand across company
- Partner closely with our Legal team to review, draft and finalize legal agreements such as order forms, purchase agreements and Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Travel to vendors up to 10%
What We're Looking For
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Strong negotiator with highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with negotiation of utilities and rental leases preferred
- Strong analytical and modeling skills using Microsoft Excel
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to influence teams and guide them to decision making that reflects the best interest of Plenty, balancing cost-effectiveness with a long term mindset
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- A burning desire to change the world
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.