At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
In this role, you will be a part of a dynamic team working to maintain the Operation and Sanitation of equipment and systems throughout the facility. You will help keep our office spaces clean; and have an active role in taking care of the daily Sanitation needs of our farms. If you are a proactive, organized, and operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for custodial and research sanitation of buildings, ensuring cleanliness of meeting rooms, hallways, flooring, office and bathroom sanitation, vacuuming, and trash removal.
- Assist in keeping snacks and drinks well stocked.
- Work with team members to learn the preventive maintenance and sanitation procedures on all plant and farm equipment in a timely and thorough manner. This includes helping with the sanitation of a variety of farms, and research environments.
- Learn how to inspect the irrigation systems, and help monitor the plant health.
- Learn how to respond to the changes in trials and trial dates as listed in the project tracker.
- Receive training in the proper handling and use of the pesticides that we use to control plant pathogens.
- Learn how to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Help in response to facility emergency situations
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Comply with all documentation requirements for Pesticide Handlers. Receive certification and training for the use of chemicals.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ year experience as a Custodian, or another role that requires keeping a space organized and cleaned, is helpful, but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- A sense of responsibility and organization.
- Willingness to work in a variety of indoor environments.
- Eagerness to learn about Indoor Farm Maintenance.
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions.
- Ability to understand Safety Data Sheets, and follow the instructions for proper handling of chemicals.
- Willing to work weekend shifts, and able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through and finish assigned tasks.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems.
- Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport boxed items weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work independently on standard role tasks.
- Ability to follow directions for work that is outside of the standard work.
- Some familiarity with using computers; or, willingness to learn.
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.