At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet. The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that.
We are an ag-tech company looking for an Operations Technician who will assist in all aspects of indoor farming for the Plant Science team. Your skills and training will be applied to plant production in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic research facility. This role will support our optimization efforts for a diversity of crops through routine activities centralized around research trial establishment, environment monitoring and maintenance, and data collection.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Supports the operations of Laramie's leafy greens, strawberry and tomato programs
- This will be a hands-on role where you will be seeding, transplanting, and harvesting crops
- Perform routine end of shift daily cleaning of lab, equipment, and work areas
- Work with high-intensity plant production equipment
- Collect, enter, organize, and validate data related to plant health, yield, and morphology
- Consistently monitor environmental data, and conduct regular systems checks to identify abnormalities in test environment operation
- Mix or handle chemicals as needed
- Follow established data collection and maintenance protocol for a diversity of environments and crops.Prepare samples for external analysis
- Work dynamically across a variety of teams, cross-train to support multiple projects
- Participates in light troubleshooting of equipment to reduce downtime
- Actively seek out ways to support the team
- Finish activities to the quality standard expected and within a reasonable amount of time
- Work Schedule: *Must be flexible
What We're Looking For
- Basic horticulture experience preferred
- Ability to practice safe work habits and follow lab protocols
- Ability to effectively take direction and implement changes quickly
- Ability to prioritize and operate with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and determination
- Ability to work in groups or alone
- Ability to effectively document tasks and observations accurately, experience with Google Suite preferred
- Ability to proactively communicate blockers and problems with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to maintain stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Must be a humble, teachable, team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.