Facilities Installation Technician
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Facilities Installation Tech to fill crucial gaps in our team who will provide critical support throughout our facilities.
In this role, you will serve as critical support for installation and daily maintenance needs. This includes upgrading and constructing completely new grow environments as well as maintaining them to make sure they function properly.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Support facilities and installation team in fulfilling both hands on work surrounding trial events and organization of those activities.
- Use critical thinking to manufacture and install prototype designs in a timely and thorough manner.
- Gauge rough to fine versioning across tasks from soldering to mechanical/ digital calibration.
- Quality Control hands on manufacturing, assembly, and install tasks.
- Follow preventive maintenance procedures on all plant equipment in a timely and thorough manner under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain the operation of equipment and systems including, but not limited to: compressed air, HVAC, electrical distribution, controls, lighting, and robotics, PLCs conveyors and other automated machinery.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Partner with the Engineering and Safety teams in planning, installing and training for new equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment; make repairs where necessary or recommend to the Facilities Supervisor to arrange for outside vendor to service equipment.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years related work experience (construction, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, etc).
- Must provide reliable personal transportation and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Computer literacy skills to manage work order flows in computerized maintenance management systems (UpKeep).
- Mechanical skills on electric motors, vacuum pumps, air compressors, HVAC, electronic controls, etc. preferred.
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions, sketches, blueprints and diagrams.
- Responsible, flexible, fast learner that has the ability to be a self-starter with a willingness to take on new things.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
- Successfully keeps multiple tasks running simultaneously with strong analytical skills.
- Provides constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems.
- Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport boxed items weighing up to 50 pounds,
lift and move 50+ lbs with assistance. Installations and system maintenance/modification can require the above physical ability combined with steady hand-eye coordination. Occasional heavy equipment work.
- PLC experience desired but not required. Ability to understand the basics of controls systems and in house software/hardware interfaces.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.