Engineering Manager, Nutrient Systems
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of chemical process engineers and mechanical engineers focused on designing and delivering the nutrient and irrigation systems for Plenty’s farms
- Manage full cycle design process from early concept through detailed design and then commissioning
- Make strategic in-source / outsource decisions for systems, equipment and components
- Collaborate with plant science and farm operations to establish design requirements
- Collaborate with hardware and controls engineering teams to integrate nutrient systems into overall farm design and execute on detailed component / equipment designs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- B.S. or higher in chemical, mechanical, or similar engineering discipline
- Experience designing chemical, water, or other fluid processes
- Success leading teams through full lifecycle design projects
- Experience collaborating with research scientists and production operators
- Able to deal with ambiguity and evolving requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and communicate tradeoffs in a complex, multivariable design space
- Team player who will work hands-on in the farm to identify issues and solutions and support cross functional teams
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Make sure Equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.