Supplier Quality Engineer
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) who will work quickly, deliver immediate results and find ways to raise the bar every day. A successful candidate is technically strong, relentless, locates and removes inefficiencies, is innovative and can communicate complex topics simply.
In this role you will be responsible for working with suppliers across numerous commodities to validate and qualify parts from prototype to production. You’ll work closely with other internal teams at Plenty such as Engineering, Operations, and New Product Introduction to assure successful implementation of materials and parts into our production processes.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Develop, Manage, Audit, and Correct supplier execution of manufacturing, assembly, and quality control processes from the development phase through production qualification.
- Lead supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Plenty’s Purchasing, Quality, and Design teams.
- Accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Collaborate with Plenty Design, Operations, and Plant Science to develop ideal incoming part specifications.
- Responsible for leading, tracking and improving supplier manufacturing process development and production readiness for new parts and design changes.
- Guide suppliers in developing exceptionally robust processes and procedures to promote efficient and seamless production of high quality products.
- Validate supplier corrective actions involving design and/or process improvements to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented for similar potential concerns across subsequent parts and/or suppliers.
- Provide input on new or alternative materials for improved design, manufacturability, or cost reduction.
- Evaluate and track supplier performance through applicable key performance indicators and drive continuous improvement throughout the supply chain
What We're Looking For
- BS Degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or evidence of experience and exceptional ability
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience supporting production or assembly processes in a Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: PPAP/APQP processes
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection
- Previous experience managing food safe critical parts or processes
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities
- Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner. Must be familiar with SPC and data analysis
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Make sure Equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable.