Program Manager, Farm Launch
The Program Manager, Farm Launch will play a crucial role in strategically preparing for and executing on the launch of our upcoming farm(s). You will join the Launch team to support in managing teams and projects across Operations, R&D (Engineering and Plant Science), Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, and People. Your focus will range from cross functional farm deployment and launch projects including scope definition, framing and driving company-wide decision making, managing timelines, and other critical tasks in partnership with teams across the organization.
This is a high visibility role that offers leadership opportunities within the LA Program, on the Program Management team, and within Plenty as a company overall.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Lead and own projects and programs, inclusive of timeline, budget, resource management, key decision making, and scaling. Over time, you may also create, lead, and command full ownership over new projects and programs
- Drive clear strategic prioritization and resourcing of initiatives within each project and program
- Own relevant project/program plans and timelines; work with program management teammates and leaders across the organization to develop timelines
- Lead regular coordination across teams, drive accountability to the milestones within the program and identify and mitigate risks throughout the program lifecycle
- Ensure clear ownership and accountability for each target, and make appropriate interdependency links and trade offs that take into account priorities and quantified risk where possible
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in annual business planning, headcount management, key organizational metrics, and other operationally strategic projects
- 10% travel to farm sites expected
What We're Looking For
- 2-5 years of experience in management/strategy consulting, business operations, and/or program or project management
- BS/BA required
- Ability to structure a project plan based on a determined goal, building clear workstreams, ownerships, prioritization, identifying and measuring risk, and strategic trade-offs to achieve that goal
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who will work hands-on (e.g., Directly with cross functional teams, visiting the farm as needed) with the team to implement change
- Able to deal with ambiguity and create new processes from scratch given we are often doing things that have not been done before
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Able to “connect the dots” between different initiatives and events occurring across projects and the company at large
- Ability to understand, manipulate, build simple models, and present in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders from across the company, using strong communication and presentation skills
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.