The Production Planner is responsible for optimizing production across the value streams for all production and development crops. The Manager structures and performs analysis to support the roadmap for production capacity changes on their assigned production lines, and triggers corrective actions to best mitigate issues as required.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Optimize production capacity for high throughput manufacturing that meets customer demand requirements
- Quarterly and ongoing analysis of production allocation planning with Sales and Programs (NPI, R&D, Manufacturing Operations) priorities
- Generate weekly and daily production schedules and forecast
- Trigger Manufacturing plan for seeding, transplant, harvest, and post harvest operations teams
- Inform inventory planning required for customer order fulfillment
- Real time tracking of schedule adherence and responding to unanticipated changes
- E.g. production shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream customers, revise production shifts and/or mix as needed
- Work with manufacturing & support teams to establish & improve processes for just-in-time delivery
- Generate and publish production performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to supply vs. demand
- Communicating plans, plan revisions, and production vs. plan to all Manufacturing, support, and business stakeholders
- Represent production in the Sales & Operations planning process
- Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages
- Collaborate with Supply chain and Engineering to coordinate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to plan for material and product end of life and minimize obsolescence
- Complete other duties assigned by management as business needs shift or change
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, industrial engineering/operations research, supply chain management or another quantitative field preferred.
- Demonstrated high volume production planning experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with 1 + years’ experience structuring and building analytical models.
- Exceptional Analytical Abilities
- Good organizational and project management skills (role requires juggling long-term projects, daily tasks, and urgent questions)
- Ability to solve problems in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement in operations/processes and reporting/information visibility, and influence others to make change
- Proficiency in MS Excel required (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.). More advanced excel modeling skills or willingness to learn preferred
- Familiarity with specific reporting & database tools such as SQL
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.