Director, Sales Operations
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
We are an ag-tech company looking for a Director, Sales Operations to join our Sales and Business Development team. The mission of the team is to drive/accelerate profitable growth and you’ll be instrumental in helping us scale. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast growth start-up and make a meaningful impact on plants, people, and the planet.
As the Director, Sales Operations, you’ll be responsible for driving success for our customers and serve as a critical link between the development and the execution of our sales and go-to-market initiatives. In this role you will lead Plenty’s efforts to scale and optimize our sales operations, accurately forecast and plan, deliver actionable data-driven insights to drive growth, and deliver a world class customer experience to all accounts.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to share Plenty’s mission with the world, deliver exceptional results for our customers, and scale our operations into the next phase of our growth and beyond.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Set the strategic vision for sales operations and be accountable for reaching agreed upon sales operations OKRs
- Build and lead a high performing sales operations team
- Contribute to lead generation and preparation for sales conversations
- Lead deal desk and pricing recommendations
- Manage complex sales analytics and reporting, including both customer and category level insights to set sales goals and uncover actionable sales opportunities
- Track key account metrics, formalize account review processes, and build a set of KPIs and dashboards to drive action. Lead our weekly performance review.
- Lead the sales side of the S&OP process and guide the team to build and maintain accurate sales forecasts using predictive models, tools, and processes
- Manage the implementation of internal tools and software systems to support sales activities
- Oversee customer onboarding and management including the implementation of EDI
- Collaborate with teams across Plenty to design, develop and implement scalable processes and workflows for continually improving sales efficiency and performance
What We're Looking For
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- Bachelor degree in business, operations, or a related field; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally in CPG/food and with a perishable product - Strong understanding of operational implications of selling a perishable product at scale
- Systems expert in Salesforce, Netsuite, EDI
- Prior experience managing teams to outcome
- Ability to understand and analyze the implications of strategic growth decisions on the company including sales, finance, operations, and brand
- Structured, analytical thinker with the ability to translate business priorities and needs into plans, tactics and deliverables that can be implemented
- Best-in-class oral and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders; proficient at creating visual representations of data and trends to drive recommendations and reporting
- Strong attention to detail; zero errors
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional environment - Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.