Senior Sales Manager
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Senior Sales Manager to join our Sales and Business Development team. The mission of the team is to drive and accelerate profitable growth and you’ll be instrumental in helping us scale. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast growth start-up and make a meaningful impact on plants, people, and the planet.
As the Senior Sales Manager you will focus on our top strategic accounts and be responsible for selling into our biggest prospects, building strong relationships, and managing complex partnerships to deliver on customer outcomes while achieving sales goals. You will also lead our sales efforts with cross functional partners across Plenty, including marketing, logistics, operations, finance, and plant science.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to share Plenty’s mission with the world, deliver exceptional results for our customers, and drive growth.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Actively pursue, develop, close, and execute on first-of-their-kind partnership deals in key strategic accounts while achieving sales goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders, decision makers, and buyers; understand what drives and motivates them
- Structure, negotiate, and close deals
- Design and execute pilots to test new partnership and sales opportunities
- Conduct business reviews with assigned accounts; evaluate and achieve sales performance
- Work cross functionally with marketing, logistics, operations, finance, and plant science teams to achieve customer success
- Support broader ongoing growth efforts by contributing to the development of sales pitches, pricing analyses, merchandising strategy, and other key growth activities
- Serve as an all-around team player that can lead, support, and close on new growth opportunities as they arise
What We're Looking For
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- 5-7+ years of strategic partnership and/or sales experience with proven success in pioneering and attaining ambitious sales goals
- Experience in complex sales environments, demonstrating success in sales that have a major impact on the business, many stakeholders and longer sales cycles; you think creatively and see around corners
- Ability to understand and analyze the implications of strategic growth decisions on the company including sales, finance, operations, and brand
- A people person – you have the ability to forge strong relationships, to identify the influencers in the industry and build them into champions; you anticipate customer needs and deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Best-in-class oral and written communication, negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional environment
- Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm for our mission
- BA/BS degree in related field; MBA a plus
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.