Sales and Business Development Associate
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Associate to join our Sales and Business Development team. The mission of the team is to drive and accelerate profitable growth and you’ll be critical in delivering insights that enable us to develop forward thinking growth strategies and win in-market.
This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast growth start-up and make a meaningful impact on plants, people, and the planet. You’ll work on multiple strategic projects at once, collaborate with teams across Plenty, and identify new ways to drive growth.
As the Sales and Business Development Associate, you will play a key role in helping us to create fact-based selling stories, drive sales through thoughtful analysis, and identify new growth opportunities in today’s ever changing market. This role will require quantitative and qualitative analysis and on-the-ground research. We’re looking for someone who is naturally curious and analytical, enjoys asking the right questions and uncovering data-driven insights, and thinks expansively and creatively to uncover new opportunities.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Create fact-based selling presentations using a variety of data sources to support key sales and business development initiatives
- Deliver best-in-class category and customer insights, including a comprehensive overview of market and industry trends
- Drive distribution, profitable sales, and category growth by translating industry and point-of-sale data into actionable insights across key channels and major customer accounts
- Present actionable insights to inform our go-to-market strategy, market expansion opportunities, and new product development pipeline
- Help build our sales analytics platform, track performance, and identify opportunities to drive sales
- Help build our production planning capability by forecasting demand and aligning with productionIdentify on-the-ground insights via visits to retail stores, product reviews, etc.
- Serve as an all-around team player that can jump into new opportunities as they arise
What We're Looking For
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- 2-3+ years work experience in an analytical role or consulting; consumer packaged goods and/or retail grocery experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative); ability to integrate multiple data/analysis tools and leave no stone unturned
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with business partners; cross-functional knowledge, including marketing, new product development, logistics, operations, and/or finance is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Focused, organized, results-oriented individual
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; SQL, geo-spatial, and other analytical platforms a plus
- Experience with syndicated or panel data services such as IRI, Nielsen, or 84.51 a plus
- Ability to work independently and navigate an ever-changing high growth environment
- BA/BS degree
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.